Once you buy your new printer, one of the most important tasks is to know how to find the printer’s IP address. An IP address here stands for ‘Internet Protocol’ address which is unique to every network connection. If you use a printer and know about its IP address you can easily connect it to your device without any disturbance or interruption in between. An IP address is a specification that is unique to your printer and can be used to identify your specific printer by the other device which desires to connect with it.
Also Read: Printer Prints Black Pages
It is not only like a name that is given to you which is used for your identification but also helps in getting rid of a few technical issues that might arise. HP Deskjet 2600 printer to WiFi is also of much use when you wish to discover the problem that your printer might be facing as it would help you recognize and detect the problems that may arise.
Some of the users after buying complain that they are not able to find the IP address that is assigned to their specific printer and the question remains: how to find the printer IP address? However, it is not much of a task and requires merely a few minutes to detect what identification or IP address is set for your specific printer. We will help you out and show you how to find the printer IP address, which is allocated to your printer.
1. How to find printer IP address by using the router’s IP address:
To discover and identify your printer’s IP address from your router you need to follow and go through all the steps that are mentioned below:
- For this method, you need to know the IP address that is allocated to your router and enter the same in the ‘address bar’ of any ‘search engine provider’ that you have access to.
- Next, you need to type in your unique username and password that has been set by you earlier.
- Now you see a list of devices that are connected to your network and you can also find your printer’s IP address under the same listing.
2. How to find printer IP addresses on a device with Windows 10?
Next in line is an easy method of searching the answer to your ‘how to find printer IP address’ question in Windows 10.
- For this, you need to search for the ‘control panel’ on your device by entering the same in the ‘search bar’ which is located at the bottom left corner of your Windows screen.
- Next, you need to select the ‘devices and printers’ option which is visible to you on the screen among the other sets of options available.
- A list of all the devices that are connected to your PC is now shown on the screen. From all of them, choose the printer for which you seek the IP address and right-click on the same.
- A list is now dropped down amongst which you will select the ‘properties’ alternative and then go to the options bar saying ‘Web Services’ on the top of your screen amongst other two options named ‘general’ and ‘hardware’.
- There is a lot of information about your printer now on the screen where you will also find the IP address for your printer at the very bottom.
3. How to find printer IP address through the printer itself:
- Also, if you are not willing to connect your printer to a device to find its IP address you may look for the same with the help of the ‘menu’ or the ‘setup’ button located on your printer.
- Click on it and direct yourself to the ‘network settings’ with the help of the correct direction arrows on your printer.
- Now if you look closely on the screen, a list of ‘network settings’ is displayed amongst which you should select the ‘IP address’ alternative to know one for your printer, with the help of which you could connect to several devices without any connection issues in between.
Once you know how to find printer IP addresses successfully, the chances of losing the information would decrease considerably and your device would no longer be confused between various printers, as you have now mentioned your printer’s IP address to the device as the very initial step.